It’s so cool to be told that your attitude and creativity inspire others! Here are my 12 – I haven’t included some who inspire me, because they have recently been repeatedly given this same award – you know who you are! And because you’re only allowed 12. The 12 are in no particular order:
1. Weird Bug Lady – because anyone who can give you the biological specifics of the real creepy crawlies that inspire her plush versions deserves an award. ***One caveat – she is a science student, and occasionally has posts that could be considered a bit icky (like the mouse dissection in her recent post). Don’t hold it against her!
2. Mary L -because she’s an inspiration.
3. Felted Chicken – because she made a felted angler fish and posted over 100 wip pics on Flickr.
4. Jill Palumbo – because her stuff is so pretty.
5. Zuleykha – because she blogs in English and Russian.
6. ColtPixy – because she’s the force behind the Smooshers
7. Marie Segal – because she likes to give stuff away.
8. Mimi Kirchner at Doll – because she makes tattooed dolls with toile fabric.
9. Make Grow Gather – because I love her blog.
10. Feeling Stitchy -because I can’t go there without wanting to hoop up some fabric and get stitching.
11. Cat Therien – because she has lots of cool tutorials on clay, and one on making a duct tape dress form.
12. Dragonsglass – because she helps the less geeky of us out with our computer issues, and she combines so many techniques and materials in her lovely stuff. Also, she is a Dragonriders of Pern fan. ‘Nuff said.
Thank you all for the inspiration you give!