Ok! It’s 2010, and the insulation around the top of my studio walls is in! And the temporary wall for my cabinets is in! I still can’t paint – too cold outside to open windows for ventilation – but at least I can organize! This will, of course, be an ongoing project.
It doesn’t look like much yet. That little arm in the blue pjs on the right belongs to my daughter. The shallow drawer in that drafting table holds LOTS of clay, two Fimo packages high. The base cabinets (below) will be topped with a 3×8 foot counter for sewing and cutting.
And my clay table is back under the window where it belongs! The whole space will be about 10×10 feet.
Now for the real challenge: I’ll have to get all this in to the new space!
Yikes! Mommy? Moe? Wanna come help? I’ll make a pie for you…
So, here are my New Resolutions:
- Turn my studio from that mess into a usable, business-like creative space.
-Turn my hobby into a business.
-Lose 30 pounds.
-Create peace in the Middle East.
-Solve the global warming problem.
-Fix the world’s economy.
Some of those should help me keep the others in perspective. :-)
Ok, so I know I said I’d post regular updates about my studio organization project. Sometimes unexpected things happen…like me not understanding quite what my husband needed to do with the space, and when. Anyway, it sure is a lot emptier now…
The ceiling had to be ripped out so we could see why the upstairs floor was so bouncy, and possibly do something about it. LOTS o’ dust. So, here’s my clay table:
and my fabric stash (at least some of it), as well as the contents of the “play room”:
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I know for lots of you (if there are “lots” of you!) it’s already the 6th, but it’s still the 5th to me. I took the first photos of my messy craft space on April 5th, so today was the day for an update. I’d been making steady, but SLOW progress, so I decided to do one whole day of focused work on the area. I took pics before and after today. Here are the before shots:
Sewing Table 5-5-09 Getting better...
Clay Table 5-5-09 Still pretty bad
Window Wall 5-5-09 Ugh
Shelves with Labeled Bins - messy-looking, but more organized
So, that’s where I started today. After working for several hours, I had managed to clear out the space along the window wall enough to move my clay table under the window – yea! Natural light! I cleaned the floor (as best I could – clay is murder on carpeting), moved the table and cleaned where it had been. It looks GREAT!
Look! Natural Light!
Look! Empty Space!
Look! Space for Claying!
Then I turned around:
Ack! What Have I Done!!!!!
Well, I guess I’ve got my work cut out for me tomorrow! Next studio update in 2 weeks.